Thank you for your order of a SteakAger. You are now the proud owner of the first home appliance that allows you to dry age cuts of beef in your own refrigerator!
List of Components:
- SteakAger box
- Power supply
- Power supply extension cable
- 2 stainless steel wire racks
- Salt satchel
- Activated carbon filter (2 One is a spare)
Getting Ready to Use Your SteakAger
- Take the unit out of the box
- Wipe the inside with a damp cloth (Do Not immerse in water)
- Remove the blue plastic film from the door
- Take the plastic bag filled with coarse sea salt and transfer it to the burlap salt satchel. Place the satchel on the floor of the unit in the center.
- Take one of the black filters and slide it into the slot on the top of the unit
- The other one is a spare
- Place one or both racks in the unit
- The lower rack is used for your larger cuts of beef
- The upper rack is designed to hold smaller cuts of beef that age 7-12 days
- Place the unit in the refrigerator
- If you have a small refrigerator adjust to coolest setting
- Thread the electric cord through the hinged side of the refrigerator door between the door gasket (easily done while the door is open)
- Plug in to a regular wall electrical outlet
- Purchase a cut of beef of your preference
- NY Strip
- Thoroughly pat beef dry with paper towels before placing in box
- Place the beef on the rack. Be sure that it is not touching the sides of the box
- Close the door of the SteakAger
- The door is designer to be loose and allow air flow
- Slide it into the groove and lean it into place
Note: Unlike other things you prepare in your kitchen, there is no “done” time.
Visual changes to the beef that you may notice during the aging process:
- The ‘Crust’ forming is called the Pellicle
- Darkening of color
- Some shrinkage (majority in first 2 weeks)
Your cut of beef will lose aprox. 25% of its starting weight as it Dry Ages.
When you can’t wait anymore for Deliciousness:
- Take the beef out of the unit
- Carve off 1/8 – ¼ inch (3mm-7mm) until you see non-hard “flesh”
- Slice the beef into steaks, cook as a roast or use in any of your favorite recipes for amazing taste.
- Remember now that the beef has much less water it will cook much faster
- Cook and Enjoy !
- Only use whole cuts of beef – not individual steaks
- No Fish, Chicken, Pork or Sheep/Lamb meat can be aged
- Do not cut off some of the beef and place the rest back in the SteakAger
- Do not immerse the unit in water
- Wipe out the unit with household cleaner and a damp cloth
The racks can be taken out and washed in the sink or dishwasher
The SteakAger, Inc. will not pay for:
- Service calls to correct the installation of your device, to instruct you how to use your device, toreplace house fuses or correct house wiring or plumbing, to replace light bulbs, or replacement waterfilters.
- Repairs when your device is used in other than normal, single-family household use.
- Deliver to The SteakAger, Inc. for warranty repairs.
- Any damage including personal injury resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood,improper installation, improper use, acts of God, or use of products not approved by The SteakAger,Inc.
- Any food loss due to product failure.
- Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the device.
- Replacement parts or repair labor costs for units operated outside the United States.THE STEAKAGER, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES