Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Servings: Yield: 2 cups
Source: Chef Eric from the Kingsford Steakager
- 3 tablespoons dry aged beef tallow or butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh Jalepeno seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup Scallions sliced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack or both shredded
- dash hot sauce
- In a medium saucepan, melt the Tallow or butter and stir in the flour to make a roux. Allow the roux to cook for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the milk a little at a time, whisking it continuously, allowing the mixture to blend and thicken, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, jalepeno, Scallions, cheese, and hot sauce. Continue stirring until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and use it immediately.
This recipe can also be used as a queso dip for tortilla chips.